December 7, 2022
Vacancy - Under 16s head coach
Airdrieonians Football Club Under 16s Pro-Youth require a head coach for the upcoming CAS Cup and Advanced League.
The applicant will be required to be part of the Airdrieonians Academy coaching department, responsible for the delivery of the academy coaching programme to maximize opportunities for young players to reach their full potential in line with the academy vision and philosophy.
Applicants must be available for Tuesday and Thursday training nights and Sunday matchdays.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
• To provide a high standard of coaching to a respective age group, educating them in line with the Airdrieonians Academy philosophy and methodology as outlined in the Academy Performance Plan.
• To ensure that all Academy players adhere to the Airdrieonians values whilst showing a high level of respect and discipline.
• To adhere to the Coaches Code of Conduct.
• To assist players in setting individual short and long term goals to create Individual Action Plans for all players.
• To maintain all coaching and games program records for each session throughout the season.
• To complete player progress reports .
• To attend at least two parents evening sessions per season for each individual player in their squad.
• To develop and maintain a professional relationship with the parents/guardians of youngsters in the programme.
• To complete CPD (Continuous Professional Development) to maintain coaching qualifications.
• To work with, and provide regular feedback to, the chief scout.
• To identify players available each weekend for matches and communicate any additional player requirements to the Lead Phase Coach at the earliest opportunity.
• To attend coach in-service days as instructed by Academy Director .
• To support the development of young players in healthy lifestyle, diet, drug awareness, education.
• To take responsibility for the care and maintenance of all age group training equipment and playing kit.
• To attend the six-weekly coaches meetings or additional training nights as instructed by the Academy Director .
• To assess trialists at both training and games, and feedback to the Lead Phase Coach and Head of Academy Recruitment.
• To assist with sport science input where required at training sessions.
• To attend tournaments and trips when requested by the club.
• To abide by all club policies including (but not exclusive to) Safeguarding, Equality and Health & Safety Child wellbeing
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
• UEFA A or B Licence.
• Experience of coaching within the relevant age groups (preferably in an Academy/Player
• Computer skills (in particular Word/ Excel/Access).
• High levels of communication skills.
• Personable and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic.
• Sensitive to the needs of young players and parents/guardians.
• Willingness to work weekends and evenings.
• Desire to be an ambassador for Airdrieonians Football Club in a public role.
• Full UK Drivers License.
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply for this role please submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org