||Click to download PDF
ADVERTISING & PROMOTION
Deciding where and how to promote a business by advertising is not easy. How can the success of any campaign be accurately measured? Are there any other benefits, besides name/brand exposure and
recognition, which can help justify any outlay?
At Airdrieonians FC, we can assure our advertisers that we shall go that extra mile in trying to help make the most of the various avenues we offer. Whether advertising track-side at the stadium, or in our match
magazine, on our website or in some combination of media, our customers can be assured that
we will squeeze the value out of your investment.
- Advertise in our match programme, and take advantage of a free leaflet distribution service at one of our home League matches during the season. Also remember to update your advert content to keep it fresh!
- Alternatively, if trackside advertising is the preferred choice, then the advertiser is invited to set up an information point in our main concourse on a selected match day.
- Take both options, and the advertiser benefits from a free slot on our website for a 3-month period, or their choice of month (subject to availability) to sponsor free of charge in our 2013 calendar.
- Finally, let's not forget about reinforcing the advertising message via stadium broadcast announcements, available as an add-on to certain advertising packages.
MATCH PROGRAMME ADVERTISING
With 18 home League matches, and the pot luck of the draw in three Cup competitions besides, there could be in excess of 20 issues of the match magazine between July 2012 and May 2013. Our sales are strong, having been the Divisional runner-up in the Programme of the Season awards for season 2010-11 and Best Programme Design 2011-12. Check out our rates below & recognise the tremendous value.
- Full colour, size A5
- Average print run per issue = 400
- Change content up to 4 times per season
- Distributed to all corporate guests, and all officials
- Includes leaflet distribution service (full page option only)
- Free copies of each issue (full & half page options only - selected copies to other advertisers as available)
FULL SEASON 2012-13:
Full Page - £1,000 +vat
Half Page - £600 +vat
Quarter Page - £300 +vat
Other dimensions – P.O.A.
Page Sponsorship Packages also available, to include scripted stadium broadcast announcements. Price subject to precise content, but sample as follows:
- Page Sponsorship (e.g. Kids' News, Player Interview) (1/6th Page banner advert, top or bottom)
- 15-second scripted announcement (Once pre-match & once at half-time)
Full season 2012-13 - £500 +vat
- Month Sponsorship (main advert on chosen month page)
- Cover Advertisement (display of all 12 advertisers)
2013 Issue - £250 +vat
Season 2011-12 saw Airdrieonians FC completely re-style its website, and we are delighted with the increase in traffic that has resulted. As you might imagine, the video highlights of most matches are proving a big hit and we have found this is bringing traffic to many of our other pages too. We expect this to improve further still as our Club Shop extends to offer an online presence in 2012-13.
Since the start of 2012, we have been recording site visit statistics, and so can share these with anyone keen on promoting their own business via our website. We are sure our hit rate provides tremendous value for advertising. Guideline rates as
Full year, July 2012-June 2013: (Sizes subject to confirmation)
- 120x120 pixels (4x4cm*) - £800 +vat
- 120x60 pixels (4x2cm*) - £500 +vat
Per quarter throughout July 2012-June 2013: (Sizes subject to confirmation)
- 120x120 pixels (4x4cm*) - £220 +vat
- 120x60 pixels (4x2cm*) - £140 +vat
* measurement in cm based on 17" screen set on standard display of 1024 x 768 resolution)
Value is added to our stadium advertising proposition by the use of the stadium for far more than fortnightly football matches. Many other matches are played at the Excelsior, including national youth tournaments and Cup finals, amateur and representative matches (such as Police Championships). Not to mention celebrity events like the Real Radio Legends, which generate a fresh interest in the facility. The conference suites and boardroom (with full view of the playing park) are also in
use through the working week, and so private and public sector business clients provide significant additional footfall.
- Track-side positions measure approx. 6m x 0.7m
- Opposite main stand, behind goals – all visible to match day crowds and corporate users
- Main stand side in view of film cameras (TV, Internet)
- Back of stand positions measure approx. 5m x 1.2m
- Roof line of stand. Stand sponsorship also available
- New offer – Package of four or eight Emergency Exit gates now available
Track-side - £550 +vat
Main stand track-side - £350 +vat
Back of stand - £700 +vat (guideline)
Other sizes/positions - P.O.A.
The great thing about being a football club is that we can command media attention that is typically disproportionate to our size and footprint as a business in normal terms.
Whatever that might say about commerce in general, it is an advantage that a business like ours would be foolish to ignore.
Our club is not rich, but what resources we do have at our disposal, we use to full advantage. So if our sponsors and advertisers can gain an edge because football commands so much media attention, both locally and nationally, then that situation can work to everyone's benefit.
By putting the business name or logo to Airdrieonians FC equipment or events, local companies can be assured that recognition of their support will be fulsome. Can you imagine the worth locally of sponsoring, for example, the Airdrieonians FC Hall of Fame dinner each year, populated as it is by a rich and varied cross-section of North Lanarkshire businesses and people?
As listed in our 'Unique Sponsorships' paragraph above, there are many one-off opportunities available to the imaginative business, to promote their name and service. We would be pleased to enter into discussions to establish the most appropriate and original package to suit any and all local companies.
For further information on all of the above please download our Commercial & Community Information Brochure by clicking here
or the icon above. Alternatively, to discuss specific requirements call John Drysdale on 07962 023683